West Ashley Flashback — Pieces of The Parish

West Ashley Flashback — Pieces of The Parish

Part 2 Revisiting some tidbits of history from the early days of St. Andrew’s Parish Last month, I wrote about how many first sentences have developed into stories from St. Andrew’s Parish. Elements of these stories fill five journals, two milk crates, and over 10 GB...

read more

MORE COMMUNITY

The Roots of His Optimism

West Ashley teen Caleb Smith wins 2018 Optimist International Oratorical World title It truly has left me speechless. I cannot express enough how much of an accomplishment this was to my family and I,” says West Ashley resident Caleb Smith. Ironic that someone who...

read more

If These Walls Could Talk

The Wall home in Magnolia was a hub of community activity If the walls of The Wall home on Anita Drive in the Magnolia neighborhood could talk there would be stories, and lots of them, for Lucy Ann Simpson (nee) Wall is known for her ability to craft a story with all...

read more

An Elk’s Life

West Ashley Elks Lodge is raising money to “adopt” Clark the Elk at Charles Towne Landing A few of years ago folks in the upstate started spotting a large elk bull roaming the woods, golf courses, streets, and even their neighborhoods. Folks nicknamed him the...

read more

West Ashley Flashback

House that Radio Built   The “House that Radio Built” is a popular story that has been passed down from several original residents of Avondale about one particular home on Oakdale in the neighborhood of Avondale. The details of the story were elaborated upon in a...

read more

West Ashley Flashback

The hooray moment came 75 years ago. On Feb. 23, 1943 the contract was signed with the Charleston Constructors. The March 13, 1943 edition of The Charleston Evening Post reported that: “The Charleston Constructors have ordered materials for construction of a water...

read more

Advertisement

advertisement advertisement advertisement

Pin It on Pinterest